Friday, October 26, 2012

Fashion Apocolypse

OMG!!!  I am back from my blogging hiatus, people!  Before I begin this post, I would like to sincerely apologize to my readers.  A lot of GREAT things have been happening in my life recently; but have unfortunately taken up a lot of my time.  I'm now adjusting to these changes, and am now carving out time to begin updating this oh-so-precious blog.  Thank you to ALL
of you who have been checking for me all this time!  I've still been having traffic on the site, even though I haven't been posting.  I really appreciate the love!

But anywho... *cues music*


What's Gucci, my nigga? 


What's Louis, my killa? 

What's drugs, my dealer? 


What's that jacket, MARGIELA?


Why Yes. 
YES, IT IS!!!

If you haven't heard, H&M's newest designer collaboration is with Maison Martin Margiela, set to hit stores on 11/15/12.  To my surpise, the collection is MASSIVE, featuring everything from tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, and of course, JACKETS.  With prices ranging from $13 to $399, everybody can jump on the Margiela train.

The aesthetic of the flagship's exclusive collection is eclectic and futuristic.  The clothes remind me of a fashion apocolypse:  Like one day a fashion terrorist, lets say Nikki Minaj, blew up every fashion house on earth, and Maison Martin Margiela comes to the rescue by sewing all of the swathed shrapnel together, giving new life to the fashion industry by birthing this line.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  There are pieces made from everything from hair, gloves, and key rings, to two different garments fused together!  It's quite exciting, if I must say so myself!

Here are some of my favorite picks:



Circle Shirt $80
 
Fusion of Two Dresses $199

Hitched up Skirt $99

Darted Sweater $129





A Fusion of Two Jackets $149



  
Faceless Watch Bracelet $50

Glove Bag $50
Hitched Up dress $199
Hand Painted Loafer $199
Glove Clutch $149


Belted Leather Jacket (Men's) $399

Narrow Shoulder Jacket $99

Oversized Trousers $149

Plexi Wedge Boot $399

Suede Jacket $299

Trompe L'oeil Bodysuit $40

And my ULTIMATE FAVORITE...
 
Candy Wrapper Clutch $60
Again, the Maison Martin Margiela line hits H&M stores on Thursday, November 15, 2012.  If you're familiar with H&M designer debuts, you know the lines are CRAY, but luckily, the line is available both online and in stores.


What do YOU think about the line?  Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I asked the same question....what's that jacket? Margiela belted men's joint is everywhere and I loved it until I realized every stylist in the industry used it on every celeb man this fall!! Cute but I cannot STAND to see repeats....but yes,Love the trend and I'm def a fan of H&M collabs they make it work. ANYWHO, LOVE YOUR BLOG!! You know I'm a fan you always keep me giggling with you wit and attitude. Can't wait for the next....PEACE OUT *in my best LG voice*

    ReplyDelete

Are you LOVING or LOATHING this trend?